Jackson is very exhausted after the twenty hour drive. He was so good. Less needy than when we drove to NC (last time he kept leaning across the seats and laying on my lap while I drove because we had gone too long without cuddling).
Hey guys, I think Jackson and Ziggy are going to get along just fine. He’s a bit smaller than I was expecting (60 lbs to Jackson’s 78). BUT OMG they are already the best of buds. Ziggy (soon to be renamed by my sister) already adores Jackson. He’s a neck biter so Jackson would lay down in the dirt (it was really hot today) and then Ziggy would nip at his neck until Jackson would tackle him. Then they’d chill out for a bit.
Every time Jackson got up and walked anywhere, Ziggy just followed him. You can already see where this relationship is going and I can’t wait to see it develop. Expect lots of spam, Ziggy will be coming home Tuesday! Maybe earlier if I can adopt him without my mom being there.
Jackson’s new brother Ziggy! We’re bringing him home in about twelve hours and I can’t wait. Though having Zig to contrast him in size is making me appreciate how big of a dog I have. Damn.
1) While looking out the window in bed, you do not have to be sitting against me with as much pressure as possible. I know, I know, “But then how will we make sure that we are achieving maximum Jackson to Ariel contact?!” It will be okay. I promise.
2) You do not have to follow me into the bathroom. I am not going to disappear in there. Especially when you are able to see me while laying on the bed three feet away. Sitting at my feet while I pee will not make much of a difference.
3) YOU ARE A LITTLE FURNACE! When I move away from you I need you to not readjust so that you’re touching me again. You’re too hot!
4) Please stop finding bones while we’re out on walks, it’s freaking me out.
5) No more rolling in smelly things! Thank goodness for pet wipes or else I’d have to leave you at the park (okay, not really. I can’t live without you).
Whenever I roll onto my side, Jackson rests his head on my legs. I often wake up to this view when I try and figure out where the heat and/or weight is coming from.
I went to the bank the other day. Jackson usually sits in the backseat when he gets scared and the windows are down but instead I came back to find him like this.
Jackson being a creeper. The first thing he does when he gets in my room is jump on the bed and look out the window. I can call for him, push him and he won’t even flinch if there’s someone in the parking lot that he wants to check out.
I think it’s pretty evident that I don’t use a leash on Jackson when we’re at the park. And he probably stays about 10-12 feet in front//behind me while we’re walking. But sometimes I’ll just stop and lay down on the path and then Jackson turns into this ~*~serious business~*~ mode. He stops whatever he’s doing and sits against me and stands guard until I get up again. It’s adorable. I love him.
Jackson all tuckered out from playing. He brings the ball up with him on the couch in the hopes I’ll start playing with him again and then he just… passes out.